We’re a week away from the start of the ‘thon and, during the last readathon, I suggested that you keep track of your hours because it might be worth your while. While many of you did just that, and got a pair of Out of Print socks as a reward, I realized after the fact that my instructions about tracking and the requirements for doing so were unclear and many of you lost out on the option to win a prize.
While I won’t be doing another “everyone gets a prize” a la Oprah, if you finish the full 24 hours, you will be entered to win one of three fantastic prize packs (there’s even one for international readers). More about those in a minute, but first the rules.
In order to be eligible for one of these prize packs, you must:
- Sign up officially using your name, a valid email, and a URL/username for the platforms you’ll be updating during the ‘thon. (If you need to edit your response to include an actual link or username, you can do so by following the confirmation link you received when you signed up.)
- Be active on those platforms during the readathon.
- Use some method of tracking your time. This can include your phone’s stopwatch function or a digital stopwatch (preferred) or a written time tracker, but your 24 hours must be clearly recorded. (If you need a digital stopwatch, Google “stopwatch.”)
- In the post that goes up at the end of the readathon, you’ll be able to submit your info and proof of 24 hours of reading. You’ll also be asked to note whether you’re US-based or international.
- You’ll have 48 hours after the end of the readathon to submit this proof, after which the form will be closed.
Obviously, your proof is on the honor system and, while I’m thrilled to be able to offer these prize packages, please don’t abuse it.
Now for the fun part!
Prize Pack #1:
$50 gift card to the Book Riot Store, courtesy of Book Riot
“Read or Die” T-Shirt, courtesy of Book Riot
Dick: a card game based on the novel by Herman Melville
Prize Pack #2:
$50 gift card to Litographs.com, courtesy of Litographs
A tote from Graywolf Press
Bards Dispense Profanity: a party game based on the works of William Shakespeare
International Prize Pack
$50 worth of books from Book Depository, courtesy of Jen Shoots Weddings
Your choice of one Penguin item (see link for options) from The Literary Gift Company
Questions? Leave a comment or send me an email at email@example.com!
10 thoughts on “Tracking Your Hours + Prize Pack Announcement!”
A good way to measure the reading time can also use the new app Bookout. It has an interesting data for your reading. Just one problem is only available for Iphone
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great suggestion! Thanks 🙂
Thanks for organizing this — been feeling quite blue thanks to US politics so I appreciate having this to look forward to!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I feel that. I’m looking forward to hiding away from the word for a few days.
I’m so looking forward to participating this time around! I have absolutely nothing planned all weekend and can’t wait to give my books some real attention!
Those are some great prizes! Thank you so much for organizing everything! I seriously can’t wait!!!
The publishers and bookish companies really came through didn’t they? I’m so thrilled we have so many fantastic prizes to give away and I’m so happy you’re joining in!