It’s here! It’s time!
Welcome to the January 2017 edition of #24in48! Right now, it’s midnight ET on the official readathon clock, but we’re kicking things off with a bang. If you’re just now discovering the ‘thon or have been unsure of your weekend plans, you can still sign up and do so throughout the weekend.
A few notes as we get started:
- If you’re planning on reading a full 24 hours (or even just trying to get close), make sure you track your time. You can do this a number of ways but the preferred method is with a stopwatch on your phone or computer or the new Bookout app for iOS devices (per a helpful readathoner). If you finish 24 hours of reading, you’ll be eligible to win one of three prize packs, including one just for non-US participants.
- There is ZERO pressure to read for a full 24 hours. Seriously, guys. This is the fifth year I’ve been doing this thing, and I say every time, this is supposed to be fun and low pressure. The goal is to set aside some serious time to read with other like-minded readers.
- Take a break, get some sleep, eat well. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Make sure that your sign-up entry is correct (including email and social media/blog URL). If you’re not active on that social platform during the ‘thon, you won’t be able to win any of the amazing prizes we’re giving away. By URL I mean, don’t just type “Twitter” or “Facebook.” I need to be able to find you, so list your username or the URL of your feed (i.e. http://twitter.com/24in48readathon). If you need to update your entry, you can do so by going through the link you received in your confirmation email. If you didn’t get an email and need to update your entry, email me ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your name is announced as either a door prize winner or a challenge winner, go over to the Prize page and fill out the form. If you don’t check in there, you’ll miss your shot to win.
- Follow the conversation (which honestly is my favorite part of the ‘thon) on social media. I’ll be posting from @24in48readathon on Twitter, on the official Facebook page, and @24in48 on Instagram and Litsy. You can – and should – use the official hashtag #24in48 everywhere as well.
I’ll be posting here every three hours with challenges and door prize giveaways, so check in early and often.
Let’s start off with an intro survey so we can all get to know each other. Post your answers (or a link to your answers) in a comment below:
- Where in the world are you reading from this weekend?
- Have you done the 24in48 readathon before?
- Where did you hear about the readathon, if it is your first?
- What book are you most excited about reading this weekend?
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Remind us where to find you online this weekend.
Three people who complete the survey will win their choice of prize. You have until the midway point, Hour 24 at midnight ET tonight, to enter.
Happy reading, ‘thoners!